Sales Tip of the Week from Mike Leeds – Pro Sales Coaching
How to make your Networking efforts more effective
Networking expert Gelie Akhenblit offers her Top 5 Networking Tips:
- Strive for a conversation that is 25% you, 75% them
- Instead of leading with "Hi, my name is ..." ask a question that will allow them to give you a story... i.e. "So, what's your story?"
- Lead with your "personal foot" instead of your "business foot." Meaning, try to find some commonalities as opposed to immediately talking about your business.
- You want to get someone to like you? Remember their name! As soon as they introduce themselves, repeat their name in your head and out loud.
- Not sure how to start a conversation? Stand in one spot and smile. Someone will come up and start chatting with you.
Thanks to Gelie for sharing! Try using these tips at your next networking event, and I’m sure you’ll engage with more people. By the way, Gelie’s NetworkingPhoenix Signature Event is Monday, April 24th (details here).
Have a great sales week!